If you are seeing a white or black screen instead of a video after pressing play on Dauntless for the first time, this is likely indicative of a missing media player or operating system updates. If this happens, please try the following steps:
- You may have outstanding Windows updates, to check:
- Press Windows Key.
- Type Check for Updates.
- Then click the Check for Updates button.
- If you have Windows 7N, you will need to install this Media Feature Pack.
- If you have Windows 8N, you will need to install this Media Feature Pack.
- If you have Windows 10N, you will need to install this Media Feature Pack.
If you are still seeing not seeing a video play after this, please submit a ticket with our Support Team and let them know that you are still running into problems. Please attach a copy of your DxDiag.txt to help us diagnose what's going on quicker.